Old 31-12-2018, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hyacinths as indoor plants

On 28/12/2018 14:39, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
I had some hyacinths in my garden for many years, but they weren't
thriving, so I potted them up and have been treating them as winter
house plants (pots stood outside over summer).

The problem I have with them as house plants is that the leaves and
flowering stems tend to flop over. Does anyone have any relevant
experience and advice?

Thank you all for your responses. My takeaway is that it's partly the
nature of the beast, but that I should be more proactive about watering
them and maybe keep them in cooler rooms (though I don't keep my house
near as warm as some people do). My other thought was lack of light -
the one bulb that is in full flower has a stalk about a foot tall, which
is more than you see in outdoor hyacinths - but it's in the brightest
room in the house.

--
SRH