Old 09-01-2019, 07:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fig suckering

On 08/01/19 21:40, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:

I have just removed a "Brown Turkey", to replant something better
in a root-restriction bag. The whole of the rootstock has gone,
but will it sucker from the roots?

No idea, but would it matter if it did? Fig leaves are easily
identifiable, and a quick paint with glyphosate gel should soon get rid
of the unwanted plant.

I would need to warn my neighbour!

If it's got out of its root-restriction bag you might have to warn all
of Cambridgeshire!

By the way, I've still got a few small fruits on my Brown Turkey which
are showing signs of ripening. I opened one which was partly
brown-purple on the outside, and it was a sort of pale pink inside, and
had very little flavour. I'll pull the rest off later this week.

--

Jeff