Old 25-01-2019, 04:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Winter Harvest

On 1/25/2019 9:31 AM, Nyssa wrote:
T wrote:

Hi All,

Twice in a row now I have cuts stems of Rosemary for the
kitchen, right in the dead of winter. Some snow on
the ground too.

Man that plant is DEFENSIVE! All you have to do is touch
it and it lets loose with volatile oils like there was
no tomorrow. Cut off a stem and OH BOY !!! (Poor
guy does not realize humans like that scent.)

What ??? Cheating? It is a "evergreen" you say?

:-)

-T

You've got to watch those bad boys too. They can get WAY
out of hand if not pruned brutally. Mine got so big it
was taking over not only the bed, but encroaching on my
driveway.

My zealous pruning proved too much though in the end and now
I need to replace it this spring. I may keep it in a pot to
prevent it from trying to take over again though.

Nyssa, who needs to drag her plant lights down from the
attic before the seed orders start rolling in

Â* Mmmm , it IS that time of year again ennit . Right now my grow light
is being used as a light source over my handloading setup . Not with the
Gro-Lux bulbs though , just regular ones .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old