Old 26-01-2019, 07:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Winter Harvest

Time for me to prune mine, too, as well as the sage and the bay
tree. Although, the rosemary still is holding a few blossoms, it, as
well as the sage, is a bit leggy. Cutting back the bay will promote a
flush of tender milder leaves, better suited for culinary use fresh, in
our kitchen.
Bay, sage, and parsley are doing well this winter despite the
inattention of this past summer and fall. They are not truly
"freeze-hardy" or evergreen but so far this winter temperature has not
got low enough to threaten them.

i hope this coming cold blast doesn't get down that
far! this morning i woke up and checked the weather
station and it was -13F. i think we've made it up to
about 10 or so by now with the sun being out and it
being calm. the rest of the week has a bump up for a
day or two and then right back to colder again.

songbird