Old 27-01-2019, 02:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Winter Harvest

wrote:
songbird wrote:

i hope this coming cold blast doesn't get down that
far! this morning i woke up and checked the weather
station and it was -13F. i think we've made it up to
about 10 or so by now with the sun being out and it
being calm. the rest of the week has a bump up for a
day or two and then right back to colder again.

Temperatures have been pretty moderate so far this winter—no frozen
tomatoes or peas. I'm hoping those behind the front that's headed your
way follow the same pattern. Solid 60 ° on the front porch now
(more-or-less 2PM on Sat, 1-26) really overcast, though. If the clouds
stay, they'll help keep the nighttime temperature up.

it won't be too bad tonight. we're due for snow on
Mon/Tues but dunno how much yet, wind may be the issue.
going to have to get the propane company back soon.

songbird