Old 05-02-2019, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim S Jim S is offline

Default Sand for sticky borders

On Tue, 05 Feb 2019 10:49:20 +0000, Another John wrote:

A chap I do a bit of gardening for had a couple of his borders flooded
last year by a change in subterranean water flow. That has been fixed,
but the borders are still "sticky".

He wants to dig sand into the borders. Fine, but he has specified
"horticultural sand". I think it would save him money if I just used
ordinary sharp (concreting) sand from a builder's merchant. What does
the team think?

TIA

John

Personally I would use lime if the stickyness is due to clay.
--
Jim S