Old 09-02-2019, 02:50 PM
garby8265 garby8265 is offline
Registered User

We had a similar problem with raccoons. I don't know what it is with the plants but they literally destroyed ours as well. I don't think that they ate them or anything just totally shredded them. Which was strange.

They also knocked several potted plants off of the ledge in the pond. I was thinking maybe they used the pots to stand on when trying to grab fish? They actually got several of ours which were all much larger. I guess because it's a smaller pond and they were much easier targets than the smaller koi and shubunkins.

We went with netting over the top at first and this didn't work for us at all. The second night we had it on they came back and took 3 more fish. And they had knocked all of the large rocks we had used to weigh it down into the pond as well.

We got one of those floating gator decoys with the glowing eyes and the raccoons have not gotten any free fish dinners since: Alligator Decoy | The Garden And Patio Home Guide It actually has kept the ducks out too which has been a big help for keeping the pond and lawn duck poop-free.