Old 14-02-2019, 12:50 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Cardboard as mulch and other Q's

Terry Coombs wrote:

....squash seed diversity...

hey, that sounds pretty good to me as if it
were grown in that area then at least the plants
may be somewhat adapted to the conditions.

Â* I'm more inclined to try to prevent them from reaching the corn to
begin with - knowing that it's an uphill battle all the way . But hey
I've got something they don't have - opposable thumbs ! Hey wait
raccoons don't ... do they ?Â* Anyway , this is the first time I'm trying
corn , and may be the last if my wife still can't eat it . We're hoping
that growing it without drenching it in Roundup will let her eat it .
She likes corn , but store-bought causes digestive issues . If she still
can't have it it's not worth my time to grow it .

i would buy some this summer from an organic grower
and make sure they're not using a seed source that
is glyphosate resistant.

better would be to ask around for someone who is
an organic grower that people actually know and who
does actually grow it themself organically.

songbird