Old 16-02-2019, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Stevia Rebaundia seed storage

On 2/16/2019 12:55 PM, Gary Woods wrote:
I'm learning that search engines are out to sell me stuff; not to help
me find things...
(rant over. for now)
I'm trying to find out if Stevia seed can be stored, well dried and
sealed, in the freezer. I know it's fairly short-lived and spotty on
germination. We grew it several years ago; a few plants provide more
dried and ground leaves than the sweetest tooth could need, but now to
try again with online purchased seed.
Did I mention that I'm ....erm... economical?

Many thanks,

Â* I prefer "frugal" ... we are too . I don't know anything about stevia
but in general seed that is stored frozen maintains a higher percentage
of viable seeds .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old