Old 19-02-2019, 01:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default finally some snow in the forecast

T wrote:
We have had rain then snow, then rain, then snow, then
rain over the past two weeks.

yeah, we've had rains, ice, melting, then we're
back to some cold days again for a few with a warm
up coming later this week. right now we have about
eight inches of snow on the ground and under that
is some pretty nasty ice that will need to melt
before i'll feel safe walking around the house. i
see enough mouse tracks in the snow along the
foundation that i really want to get some traps
put out before they start up again inside the wall.
i haven't heard them yet - but it is only a matter
of time if experience has anything to do with it...

i would rather see snow and cold for another six
weeks. too early warm weather is often a trap for
the fruit trees or the strawberries.

i'm just glad i was able to get up on the roof
in between the latest rounds of snow/ice/melting
to deal with the tv/internet antenna coming down.

When the rain melts enough snow to see the garden. It
is green. Not with anything I want to eat mind you.
With WEEDS!!!

scrape 'em enough and they go away. all that
free worm food too! really though having weeds is a
good sign that Momma Nature wants to grow things in
your soil. even as poor as it might be that is much
better than some places will provide...

I have six gallons of vinegar waiting to pickle them, but
it required dry ground or it won't work. So I have to
wait for everything to dry out. In the mean time, the
weeds keep growing. Dang!

And show is forecast for Wednesday through Friday again.

At least my favorite fishing won't dry out again this year.

yes, it is looking good for this season for the arid
SW. the Sierra snow pack is looking good and the same
with the Colorado river. i hope it keeps up on this
trend as it will give a well needed break to both Lake
Mead and also through the rest of the region and into
California.

it would be really great if some water could get to
the Colorado River Delta again.

songbird