Old 19-02-2019, 01:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
meg meg is offline

Default Bougainvillea Bad Luck

replying to thetacker, meg wrote:
Bougainvillea is my favorite plant and flower, having grown up in a tropical
climate. Now I'm in the North and have tried to keep one going these past few
years. Every now and then when I least expect - it issues forth a few
blossoms. I think that 1. it really doesn't like being potted. 2.
Bougainvillea thrives in warm, dry soil and hot weather - most of all --
outdoors. If your balcony is more or less outside and you can give your
plant almost drought like/tropical conditions, it might do well. But I'm
going to stop expecting mine to thrive inside potted. It wants to take root
and spread.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/garden...uck-76434-.htm