Old 02-03-2019, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Davy Bill Davy is offline

Default Hedgehog Hibernation Over?

"David" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 08:54:55 +0000, Bill Davy wrote:

No sign of hedgehogs here despite the warm weather. I had half expected
to see one.

We have hedgehog shit in the side passage.
[Better than in the back passage, I suppose.]

We would like to feed them but don't want to encourage rats and cats.

Last year we put out a little cat food, sited the wildlife camera, and got
pictures of a little cat.

Cheers

Dave R
-----------------------------------

I have a translucent plastic container about 12" square I hacked a hole at
one end, big enough for a cat's head or a hedgehog, and put the cat/hedgehog
food in a small bowl at the far side and put the plastic tub inverted over
it. Plonk something heavy on it. I feed my cat indoors though he views
mice and rats as food supplements. Birds too, sadly.

If a very small cat gets the food sometimes, they'll grow out of it. And no
very small cats round here, just bruisers.

Sadly using Microsoft Live as my news reader so cannot indent "replied to"
message :-(