Old 03-03-2019, 06:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dave Dave is offline

Default Growing strawberries vertically that winter well

I have been asked for thoughts on growing strawberries vertically to
save space for our garden. Raised on a farm, I know how to do that
in-ground, but have no idea how to do it vertically and still have the
plants productive for a few years after some N.Y. winters. Any
suggestions on how to do this?

I have looked at the plastic strawberry towers, but have been told they
are a one-shot deal. Some have said to move them into an un-heated
garage for the winter and they will be fine. Anyone done this successfully?

Thanks,
Dave