Old 20-03-2019, 02:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Silas Silas is offline

Default Paper mulch

On 3/19/19 9:34 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* So I decided the easiest way to get mulch around the strawberries is
to use shredded paper - but I'm unsure about what paper is safe . Useta
be that glossy paper was not , but newsprint was . I *think* most modern
inks are soy based and safe , but I'm not sure . It'd sure be nice to
use all those spam mails for something productive instead of burning them .

I doubt inks and coatings are totally benign, but then what is these days?

https://www.menofthewest.net/underco...hredded-paper/

Soaking and sloshing the shredded paper a bit more than suggested might
further wash out the inks and coatings into the waste water. Definitely
remove the plastic windows from the envelopes.