Old 22-03-2019, 09:09 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default California Lilac looks like it is dying :(

On 22/03/19 08:25, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 22/03/19 00:40, David E. Ross wrote:

My guess is that this "fact", started when Ceanothus were introduced to
the UK, and they could not deal with our wet summer climate. It then
became known throughout the UK gardening world that they were
short-lived, and this even found its way back to the land they came from.

Anyway, the dozen or so years since the OP was made should be around the
lifetime of a Ceanothus if the "short-lived" statement is to be believed!

--

Jeff