Old 02-04-2019, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_6_] Derek[_6_] is offline

Default Mycorrhizal fungus

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 13:45:32 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

With theis string on planting larger trees I got to wondering about
Mycorrhizal fungus.

In the last three years we have planted 5000 trees and 2000 hedging
plants, none have had Mycorrhizal fungus added, in fact none have been
fed or mollycoddleed in any way, Theory is that the tree pushes roots
out to find its own food, so grows stronger. 20 variteies of trees
planted, Oak, Walnut, birch etc
We planted using the woodland trust advice.