Old 06-04-2019, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Greenhouse asparagus query

12 months ago I put 4 plants into the greenhouse. Each plant produced one 3
foot high spear which stayed in the soil until December '18, when it was cut
to ground level.

2 weeks ago, no sign of any new growth and gave ground a good soaking before
departing on hols. Got back yesterday, to find that the 4 plants had
produced 5 spears, ranging in height from 18 to 48 inches

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0zwhyz240...40298.JPG?dl=0

Q1. Probably a bit too long to be edible but if I cut these back to ground
level, would each plant produce new growth this year?

Q2. Should I leave the plants untouched and hope for a decent harvest in
2020 ? TIA.