Old 08-04-2019, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Cold composting

In article ,
says...

I've turned over a couple of cold composting jumbo bags, and while the
contents have rotted down to a fair degree they are rather wet and
claggy, and fit for a double dug underlayer at the best. Would mixing in
shredded paper do any good, or is it too late and I just have to be patient.

Be patient. Keep it a bit drier.

I opened my most recently filled to the brim dalek composter yesterday
to add a large dead fish (bloody heron!) and noticed the ants are active
again.

From experience they will build a huge colony over summer and chew
everything to a fine compost .

Janet