Old 27-04-2019, 01:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Coniferous plants have flowers?

On 4/26/19 6:01 PM, wrote:
T wrote:

Hi All,

My Rosemary plant has flowers!

https://ibb.co/p2yhHJX
Goody. Pretty, eh? Mine blooms every winter, although, not as
profusely as the one pictured.

I cheat a bit. I have a customer who is a genius with
a camera and gave me some tips. If I were to back
away with the camera or change the angle a bit, it
would not have looked so nice.

Coniferous (pine trees) plants have flowers?

Yep.
What am I missing?

Maybe you aren't looking closely enough. They're inconspicuous but
the yellow pollen certainly isn't: It blankets _everything_ outdoors
down here every winter.

We get yellow pine tree pollen everywhere every year. Lucky, it
is non-allergenic. But I have never seen the flowers. I
have a Ponderosa Pie growing in my back yard. I will look more
closely. Mainly, I just smell the bark.