Old 27-04-2019, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default secateurs recommendations please

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message ...

On 22/04/2019 12:13, Bertie Doe wrote:
On a similar theme to Chris Hoggs' lopper thread, I'm looking for good
quality secateurs please. Chris prefers anvil but I'm looking for bypass.
2 gardens and an allotment means they get a lot of heavy use. First the
adjustment goes, followed by the spring ...... :-)

My Felco #7's with the rotating handle make light work of anything up to an
inch across, now 35 years old, kept sharp they are a good bit of kit, mine
live in a holster at my side and get used for everything including plumbing
and electrics!

I tend to wander around chatting to other allotmenteers, so loosing it in
the jungle is possible. It would be handy if Felco had fitted a loop that
would attach to the carabiner on my belt. Ho hum, more expense on a holster.

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall