Old 08-05-2019, 02:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Black Oyster Mushrooms

Pavel314 wrote:
Thanks, I'll take a look at Fresh Cap.

I started some morel mycelium in jars of rice a few years ago. It grew well but nothing edible has been produced from the beds I inoculated outside.

they may take several years to show up.

if you ever get some fresh ones rinse them
off and throw the water in various places around
the yard. those millions of spores may travel
much further and then find a suitable home.

if you've not seen this page it is worth a
skim/pics of morels that have shown up here...
interesting to me that they've grown where
they have. i would never have expected them
where they did:

http://www.anthive.com/project/fungi/

songbird