Old 15-05-2019, 01:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Pick pick pick !

On 5/14/2019 6:52 PM, T wrote:
On 5/14/19 6:53 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â*Â* Strawberries , that is . With today's haul we have enough for a
batch of jam ... half pints are in the dishwasher , berries are on
the counter ready to cap-n-smash .In addition , the corn is coming up
nicely , I will have to reseed a couple of spots though . Taters are
boomin' , got them hilled up nicely and mulched heavily with straw .
I'm seeing a few beans sprouting (blue lake bush) and the bunching
onions are mostly up now . The tomatoes got the cardboard then straw
mulch treatment , trying to prevent soil splashing on them to help
prevent blight problems . And yesterday I saw some of the beets have
come up too . It's been a cool wet spring , I feel like I'm behind -
but I'm not really , summer's here are pretty long and I won't worry
about frost until early October .

Awesome!

What zone are you in?

Â* We're in 7a , north central Arkansas .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old