Old 16-05-2019, 08:53 AM
sammytheon1 sammytheon1 is offline
Registered User

We had the same problem with our male dog. When we let him out he would lift his leg on our hedges and sometimes squat to pee on the lawn. Because canine pee is high in nitrogen it caused horrid looking brown spots. And needless to say the wife was not happy. We trained him to use a dog fire hydrant by spraying it with a pheremone spray and he has used his little pee post ever since. We placed it at the edge of the yard so no pee runoff would "burn" the grass. Occasionally he will pee other places in the yard but not regularly which is just par for the course when owning a dog I guess, but no more brown spots on the lawn so we're happy. With a female I assume it all comes down to training as well, and creating a pee spot away from the lawn that your pooch can use and then making sure your pet actually uses it instead of just letting her out to go on her own.