Old 20-05-2019, 05:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dilly Dilly is offline

Default California Lilac looks like it is dying :(

replying to Pipper, Dilly wrote:
Pipper, I also live just south of the Canada border in northwest Washington. I
have three Victoria California Lilacs that turned totally brown. Yes, we had
terrible weather in February too. However, these plants have done this before,
and then completely recovered! The last time was a couple years ago and I
almost dug them up they stayed brown so long. Same thing this year! Two of the
three are already starting to sprout out new green growth right out of the
brown brush. One is still all brown but I am not going to give up on it
either! Wish I could send you a picture! P.S., these plants are 30 years old
and are hedges that get pruned regularly, and they get watered every other day
from the lawn sprinklers starting this time of year through fall. They all get
hit by the northeaster dead-on, which was bad this year. Maybe it sends them
into some kind of dormancy, I don’t know.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/garden...ing-66471-.htm