Old 12-06-2019, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Making Greenhouses?

On 11/06/2019 21:10, alan_m wrote:
On 11/06/2019 12:28, Jeff Layman wrote:

Whatever, have you considered second-hand greenhouses? Yes, you've the
problem of dismantling and transport, but aluminium greenhouses can be
had pretty cheaply, even if you have to replace a good bit of the
glass (or polycarbonate). And it might be possible to get a few and
adjust them to fit your son's site when reassembled. Quite a few in
Devon and Cornwall (and elsewhere) he
https://www.newsnow.co.uk/classifieds/home-garden/free-greenhouse-glass.html

Having had recent experience of dismantling and re-erecting an aluminum
greenhouse recently the main advice i would give is to discard all the
aluminum screws and nuts and the glazing clips. Replace them all with
new and you will save yourself hours of time. New fixings and clips will
only cost you £15 to £20 for a decent size greenhouse.

I have bags and and bags of brand new nuts bolts and clips (running
repairs to our existing 6 greenhouses), but its a valid point and saves
hours of grief!

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall