Old 13-06-2019, 11:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Garden Corn

On 6/12/19 5:56 AM, Pavel314 wrote:
We've been having corn-on-the-cob from our garden recently, very unusual for mid-June, but we've had a very warm and early spring this year. My wife started the seeds in the greenhouse, moved the trays to the cold frame to harden, then planted them out in the garden.

She makes a series of small corn beds, about 3' by 10', planted a few weeks apart, so that we can keep up with them as they ripen.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Awesome.

I tried to grow corn several times before I got diagnosed with
Diabetes (corn is one of the causes) to no avail.

The kernels were infested with earwigs every time I tried.
I remember spraying the kernels with chrysanthemum spray
and having the kernel erupt with earwigs like a
kid's volcano science project.

Death to Earwigs!

-T