Old 14-06-2019, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_6_] Bob Hobden[_6_] is offline

Default Callaloo

On 14 Jun 2019 17:55, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

Amaranthus dubious, that is. Has anyone grown this? I am trying, but
it seems to be terribly slow growing. I am wondering if it is one of
the plants that likes heat, and doesn't grow significantly at lower
temperatures (e.g. below 20 Celsius).

I was given a few packets of seed by the chaps in our
"Indian" restaurant, actually Bangladeshi as most are. Seeds of Bottle
Gourds and Snake Gourds and one other which I have identified as a red
leaved Amaranth. I have it growing slowly in a tray in our greenhouse,
suspect it really needs lots of heat.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden