Old 15-06-2019, 12:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nelly W[_2_] Nelly W[_2_] is offline

Default Billberry pants?

On 6/14/2019 7:23 PM, Nelly W wrote:
On 6/9/2019 5:25 AM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus), not Blueberry!

I have been searching for Bilberry plants for a couple of
years now.Â* I have totally bombed ou8t trying to grow them
from seeds.

The closest I can find is on Flea Bay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-EUROPEAN-...AOSwGq5cRnZ K

Anyone know of a source other than Flea Bay?

Many thanks,
-T

Now...I may have this totally wrong but, the kind of berries you *might*
be talking about I have found in the farmer's market in Madison. Right,
WI. As if anyone cares.... Most horrible-tasting things to ever plummet
down my gullet, I truly assure....
And then again, I've a few years earlier found something I thought was
V. myrtillus (looks verymuch like BB) growing wild in E central VA.
They weren't much better.
(Maybe it was bearberry??)
Damned awful stuff, whatever it was. The both of them. But my thinking
is if it is pleasurable enough eating, mankind would've cultivated it
forever & a day ago.
Vent over.
Used to be some seedsmen who sold all manner of world-wide, off-the-wall
seeds. Lawd I miss their menus. If I happen across it again I'll holler.

However, I cannot account for any pants.