Old 20-06-2019, 09:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Preserving garlic for replanting?

On 6/20/2019 2:37 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

After harvesting my garlic, is there any trick to preserving
what I want to replant in the fall.Â* Usually it get all dried
out and dies on me by then.Â* Put it in the refrigerator?

Many thanks,
-T

Â* I stored the garlic I grew in the garden in a bowl on the table ...
after properly curing it (strung and hung for a couple of months IIRC) .
It stayed good enough to use (or plant) for close to 2 years . BTW , I
planted cloves from some Walmart garlic , came out swell . Use the
biggest cloves for the biggest bulbs .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old