Old 21-06-2019, 12:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Preserving garlic for replanting?

On 6/20/19 2:18 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 14:08:24 -0700, T wrote:

On 6/20/19 1:08 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 6/20/2019 2:37 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

After harvesting my garlic, is there any trick to preserving
what I want to replant in the fall.Â* Usually it get all dried
out and dies on me by then.Â* Put it in the refrigerator?

Many thanks,
-T

Â* I stored the garlic I grew in the garden in a bowl on the table ...
after properly curing it (strung and hung for a couple of months IIRC) .
It stayed good enough to use (or plant) for close to 2 years . BTW , I
planted cloves from some Walmart garlic , came out swell . Use the
biggest cloves for the biggest bulbs .

I lay mine on a wire rack. How to you do yours?

https://www.garlicfarm.ca/growing-garlic.htm

Which links you to:

https://www.garlicfarm.ca/storing-garlic.htm

Thank you!

What would be the difference between a wire rack and hanging
them?