Old 24-06-2019, 08:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default Help me kill this...please

On 6/24/2019 1:51 PM, wrote:
I have this weed in my chile patch. It's shown up every year for quite a while and every year it's a little more invasive than the year before. I can cut it off pretty deep, several inches, and not hit its roots. I suspect there's a very deep runner or something and it sends up plants from there. Round-up (desperate here) seems to kill the particular plant but not the entire system and its mothership. It roughly radiates outward from a point slightly outside my property, on the other side of our fence.

I've never seen this before its first appearance in my garden. It's a toughie.

https://imgur.com/a/X7O9a3Z

I tried your url here but it did not work.

https://images.google.com/

Maybe if you uploaded directly to them it would work.

Then thinking while typing I download your image and tried it myself I
got this:

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sb..._19_1uzV&hl=en

I did not take a good look at these results but maybe they will help if
you did.

As for weed, I don't know but suspect weeds on adjacent property are
sending over seeds. I have problem weeds also caused by intrusion of
neighboring weeds.