Old 25-06-2019, 02:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Help me kill this...please

In article
writes:
I have this weed in my chile patch. It's shown up every year for quite a while and every year it's a
little more invasive than the year before. I can cut it off pretty deep, several inches, and not hit
its roots. I suspect there's a very deep runner or something and it sends up plants from there.
Round-up (desperate here) seems to kill the particular plant but not the entire system and its
mothership. It roughly radiates outward from a point slightly outside my property, on the other side
of our fence.

I've never seen this before its first appearance in my garden. It's a toughie.

https://imgur.com/a/X7O9a3Z

That appears to be a sort of bind weed (broad term) often called
arrow leaf. And I agree it is tough. We have been managing it in
our front bed for several years. Managing, because the root network
is too deep to eracicate.

The thing to understand about RoundUp is that it doesn't kill
anything, immediately. It disrupts root mojo and sends plants into
dormancy.

If the plant has root stores OR a network to juicy brothers, the
effect is limited.

I deal with this constantly with creaping thistle and bermuda grass.

--
Drew Lawson | Broke my mind