Old 28-06-2019, 02:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default transplant clippings not taking

On 6/27/2019 6:51 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

I am trying to get another Choke Berry (not cherry) to grow
by transferring a clipping from another plant.Â* This is
supposedly how these plants are propagated.

I have been using this rooting compound:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And it does not seem to work.Â* Three failure so far.

Am I using the wrong stuff?

Cut, dip, make hole and pour some down the hole too,
stick in hole.Â* Did I miss something?

Many thanks,
-T

Â* Just a guess , but I think you might be using too much rooting
hormone . The instructions on mine (TakeRoot brand) say dip then shake
excess off . Are you clipping almost all the leaves off ? That lowers
the moisture requirements , cuz remember , ya got no roots to take up
water and nutrients . I also put a baggie over the container (loosely)
to help retain moisture .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old