Old 29-06-2019, 03:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default transplant clippings not taking

On 6/28/19 5:17 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 6/28/2019 2:30 PM, T wrote:
On 6/27/19 5:09 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Just a guess , but I think you might be using too much rooting hormone .

Tried it both ways.

The instructions on mine (TakeRoot brand) say dip then shake excess
off . Are you clipping almost all the leaves off ?

I left the leaves on.Â* Should I have removed most of them?

Â* Yes , all but a couple or 3 . They lose moisture to the airÂ* and the
plant has no way to replace it until it grows some roots .

That lowers the moisture requirements , cuz remember , ya got no
roots to take up water and nutrients .

I also put a baggie over the container (loosely)
toÂ*helpÂ*retainÂ*moistureÂ*.

not following.Â* Bag over the rooting compound container?

Â* No , a baggie placed loosely over the pot you use for your new plant
. Like a little tent .

Also, how long do I wait to water?Â* Maybe I washed the stuff off?

Â* I soak the soil as soon as I plant the new start . After that I water
just enough to keep the soil damp .

Thank you!