Old 06-07-2019, 08:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Pointed Pumpkin Plants

On Saturday, July 6, 2019 at 1:40:54 PM UTC-4, songbird wrote:
Pavel314 wrote:
I planted twelve varieties of pumpkins this year, all of which are doing well. Most of the varieties are similar in appearance but the Secretariat pumpkins have a significantly more pointed appearance than the rest.

The first link shows the normal leaves on the left and the Secretariat leaves on the right.

https://beta.photobucket.com/u/pavel...5-f5b5a7ec04c5

This link shows the flowers, again with regular on the left and Secretariat on the right:

https://beta.photobucket.com/u/pavel...a-6c1353f30ad5

always interested in hearing about any that are edible,
good and will stand up to squash borers and squash bugs.

good luck!

we have a small number of squash plants growing this
season - it is going to be kinda strange to not have many
this fall.

songbird

I'm probably cursing myself by posting this, but we've been planting both summer and winter squash for years and had no problem with borers or bugs. Maybe they don't come as far north or east as Maryland.

Paul