Old 07-07-2019, 05:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Pointed Pumpkin Plants

On Sunday, July 7, 2019 at 8:43:44 AM UTC-4, songbird wrote:
Pavel314 wrote:
I'm probably cursing myself by posting this, but we've been planting both summer and winter squash for years and had no problem with borers or bugs. Maybe they don't come as far north or east as Maryland.

i hope not! since we are much further north than Maryland
i'm pretty sure the cold is not the issue.

Further north? I thought you were in Texas. Must be confusing you with another poster here.

perhaps nobody else around there grows them?

Probably nobody within a few miles. I noticed a big pumpkin field last fall on my way up to the trap range but that's about ten miles north of us. The big fields around here are corn or soybean, with a few cattle pastures.

we have fields of them around in various places
(not close to us, but probably close enough).

songbird