Old 13-07-2019, 01:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default green onion experiment

Hi All,

My grand experiment.

I have a small area about 6' long by 1-1/2 ' wide
that I let garlic, shallots, and onions just
grow without picking them. I do this just out of
curiosity to see what they will do when they
go feral.

So, I purchased a clump of seven organic green onions
(shallots) from the grocery store. They had about 1/4" root
left on the bottom. I cut off the white parts (about 3")
and planted them in my feral bin. The green tops will
go to the dinner table.

They will probably die, but it will be interesting!

-T