Old 13-07-2019, 12:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default transplant clippings not taking

On 6/27/19 4:51 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

I am trying to get another Choke Berry (not cherry) to grow
by transferring a clipping from another plant.Â* This is
supposedly how these plants are propagated.

I have been using this rooting compound:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And it does not seem to work.Â* Three failure so far.

Am I using the wrong stuff?

Cut, dip, make hole and pour some down the hole too,
stick in hole.Â* Did I miss something?

Many thanks,
-T

Hi All,

I am trying again.

This time, I cut all the leaves off but three.
Dunked the stem in the rooting compound and only
added a tiny bit to the hole. And only gave it
about 1/4 cups of water so as to not wash off
the compound.

The three leaves are now dead, but it look like it is
trying to sprout new leaves along its stem.

And I am back to watering it normally again.

Time will tell!

Thank you all for the help!
-T