Old 13-07-2019, 02:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default transplant clippings not taking

T wrote:
This time, I cut all the leaves off but three.
Dunked the stem in the rooting compound and only
added a tiny bit to the hole. And only gave it
about 1/4 cups of water so as to not wash off
the compound.

you should not need to put any down the hole.
just FYI for future efforts.

The three leaves are now dead, but it look like it is
trying to sprout new leaves along its stem.

when you see new growth that is usually a
good sign that new roots have formed.

one or two leaves is usually enough.

And I am back to watering it normally again.

Time will tell!

Thank you all for the help!

songbird