Old 14-07-2019, 09:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Hul Tytus Hul Tytus is offline

Default transplant clippings not taking

I've had good luck in the winter by sticking the clippings in coke
bottles kept full with water and placing them in a south facing window.
When roots are noticeable & the weather is warm, stick them in the ground.

Hul

T wrote:
Hi All,

I am trying to get another Choke Berry (not cherry) to grow
by transferring a clipping from another plant. This is
supposedly how these plants are propagated.

I have been using this rooting compound:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And it does not seem to work. Three failure so far.

Am I using the wrong stuff?

Cut, dip, make hole and pour some down the hole too,
stick in hole. Did I miss something?

Many thanks,
-T