Old 20-07-2019, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Chillies?

On 20/07/2019 12:02, Mark Rand wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jul 2019 08:08:47 +0100, Charlie Pridham
wrote:

Growing these for the first time, I have flowers on bushes about 3' high
in a warm poly tunnel (they are in pots) they seem very happy and are
pest free but the flowers do not seem to be setting into fruit/chillies
any thoughts?

I generally hand pollinate them in the greenhouse because the bees aren't
always buzzing around it when needed. If you get pollen on a fingertip, the
flower and temperature conditions are probably right for pollination. If not,
then try later or earlier in the day.

Mark Rand

Thanks everyone, I can stand them outside, it has been getting very hot
and humid where they are and I haven't seem much insect life

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall