Old 21-07-2019, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Chillies?

On 20/07/2019 22:54, Bob Hobden wrote:
On 20 Jul 2019 07:40, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:
In article ,
Charlie Pridham wrote:
Growing these for the first time, I have flowers on bushes about 3'

high
in a warm poly tunnel (they are in pots) they seem very happy and are
pest free but the flowers do not seem to be setting into

fruit/chillies
any thoughts?

Try moving them outside. They can handle high humidity but don't
need it, and there will be more access to bees etc. I get mine going
in our conservatory, but they are outside now. However, that's just a
guess.

Totally agree with Nick. we grow our out on our allotment and
certainly have no problems with fruit set. In fact the problem is what
to do with them all.

+1 - a bit like with courgettes.

In fact one can be used to dilute the other + some pasta.

Mine are only just setting fruit now with their first flowers.

I still have plenty of dried chillis left from last years crop.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown