Old 28-07-2019, 03:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Planting lemon seeds

On 7/28/2019 8:14 AM, Boron Elgar wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jul 2019 07:46:51 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

Â* Any special prep , or just bury 'em ? I know that it's not likely a
seed will produce a tree with fruit identical to the fruit they come
from ... but hay , ya never know , might get some decent fruit anyway .

Easy to get to sprout, it'll take years until they might fruit and,
yes, the fruit produced is a crap shoot.

Â* Yeah , I figure 3-5 years before I'll see fruit - if ever . Hmm , I'm
now wondering about the humidity levels here . Very humid summers ,
which I'm pretty sure isn't a problem . But we heat with wood and the
air gets pretty dry in the winter .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old