Old 29-07-2019, 05:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Planting lemon seeds

Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Luckily I do have a cellar - and a grow light I can plug in down
there . Hmm , I'll need a timer , and probably something smaller than a
4' fluorescent fixture unless I want to put some other plants down there
too .Â* It tends to be in the low 50's down there in winter , and more
humid than the living space . On the other hand , what level of humidity
will they tolerate ? We try for minimum 50% RH though at times it gets a
little lower . Other than my spider plants , the house plants don't seem
to mind . One thing we don't worry about is condensation !

there is a guy who used to grow lemon trees in
the mountains of Germany of all places. he used
strategically placed rocks to absorb and reflect
light along with ponds too (which can reflect light
and help capture heat). i found that very amazing.

also there is some guy in a northern state who
uses ground heat storage to grow citrus in underground
bermed greenhouses.

not that this says much about your particular area
other than it is more likely possible given you are
much further south than either of them...

songbird