Old 02-08-2019, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Chillies?

In article , Dan S. MacAbre wrote:

Okay, thanks. Since I get through a lot of these, I suppose it's time
to get more familiar with them.

Sow them early, indoors, if you can. I germinate them on damp kitchen
roll in ramekins covered with cling film, and then pot them into 2"
pots, but you can sow directly. Then pot them up as you need them,
and put them out when it warms up properly. As Bob Hobden says, they
need good light and warmth - and good drainage, but they aren't fussy
about soil. If you use liquid fertiliser, use a tomato one.