Old 03-08-2019, 01:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default green onion experiment

On 7/29/19 6:26 AM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
You are giving me an idea. These nubs I planted, if
they go to seed, maybe they will grow where seeds
from packets will not. (The Wally World seeds
grew to about 1" and then died.)

once it cools off in the fall i'd be happy to
send you some of mine to try out as i'll have
plenty.

songbird

Hi Songbird,

That is a sweet offer.

So far the Wally World onion marbles are going strong!

https://ibb.co/G0gHSKb

Those four green bushes in the background of the yellow
onions are my four Goji's.

The green scrub in the upper right of the red onions
is one of my Choke Berries (not cherries).

I really want to try my hand at harvesting the Green
Onion (scallions) seeds that I have in my feral bin.

I have about five three year now feral red shallots
in the feral bin. I pulled two out and replanted
the rest. They also grow in bunches. And this time
the ones in the feral bin were YUGE, about the
size of a tangerine.

-T