Old 04-08-2019, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Hedge Trimmer Selection

On 04/08/2019 16:31, Chris Green wrote:
Martin Brown wrote:

Not sure that this warrants a petrol driven item.

I'd stay with electric if you have it available. Just use an ELCB since
there is always a risk that you will cut through the cable one day.

An ELCB?! They went out with the ark. It's an RCD now, and it *is*
different from an ELCB though it does a similar job.

I use a Stihl strimmer with the hedge cutter atachment. It gets heavier
each year but I cut till my arms ache then clear up then cut again, not
as fast as I was but I just turned 77 a couple of days ago.