Old 05-08-2019, 04:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default green onion experiment

On 8/3/19 7:43 AM, songbird wrote:
if you want larger onions eventually you will have to
give them some more space between them (eat the thinnings ).

I did that on purpose so I could eat the thinnings. And,
well, to be honest, I have a black thumb and the more
I plant the higher chance something will sprout. And,
if wonder of wonders, I get lucky and a lot of them
come up, I get to eat the thinnings and not have to
wait to the end of the season the eat any of them.

I thinned last Thursday. This is a picture
of them. They are on 6" square tiles.

https://ibb.co/qgWzZy0

Top to bottom would be Red Shallots (three year),
Yellow Onions, Red Onions.

:-)