Old 05-08-2019, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ermin[_2_] Ermin[_2_] is offline

Default Hedge Trimmer Selection

On Sat, 03 Aug 2019 07:59:39 +0100, thescullster wrote:

Hi all

Yes I know there are numerous "reviews" that can be Googled, but I am
hoping for relatively ubiased opinion from real world users.

Can people please recommend a suitable trimmer for a mixed hedge?
It comprises escallonia, cotoneaster, honey suckle, eleagnus and
ceanothus (with the odd photinia and viburnum birwoodi).

To date I have been coping/battling with a seriously old B & D jobbie.
But it is becoming increasingly unreliable and only has a 500mm blade.

I am quite happy to continue with a corded model and would certainly
prefer that to a heavy battery unit.

It depends on how much you want to spend really and if you go for an
expensive one are you prepared to put in the time and effort to keep the
blades sharp and 'de-gunged'.

I have happily bought 60cm blade length trimmers from the likes of
'Champion'brand and Screwfix. They have cost me around £30 -£35 a time
and if I get 3 seasons heavy usage out of them I'm happy at a cost of £10/
year.

--
Ermin