Old 08-08-2019, 06:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Plum and pear trees

In article
writes:
On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 10:32:52 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 08/08/2019 05:52, Ihop Ingles wrote:
Many thanks to David and everyone! Its back to the nursery for two different varieties for cross pollination. i would

rather have extra than a poor crop down the road. Disappointed in the
nursery dude who said pear would pollenate plum. Location is charlotte
nc usa.

Aside from pollenation NC is in the wrong growing zone for pear and
plum... both require a lenghthy hard freeze for fruit production.

When I lived in San Jose, California, I had a plum tree in my yard
that fruited heavily every year (sometimes too heavily). It was
probably Italian Prune, the tree that once made San Jose the dried
fruit capital of the world.

We hardly ever got frost, and never had a hard freeze.

--
Drew Lawson While they all shake hands
and draw their lines in the sand